Why The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme?
The Wise Hippo is a new approach to birthing. We believe a ‘positive birth’ experience is a state of mind, it’s not defined by what happens during labour and birth but by how a woman feels about her baby’s birth. Because of this belief we are able to teach skills and knowledge that empower women to trust their instincts and ensure that their baby has the right birth on the day.
We respect that every woman has the right to choose the birth that she wants for her child (whatever that may be) and we trust that you know what is right for you. We therefore don’t tell you what you ‘should’ do.
There is no one right way to give birth with The Wise Hippo only the right way for each individual couple and their baby.
What we do is provide you with a fun programme full of factual information about labour and birth, along with simple to follow tools and techniques, so that you are able to:
- Alleviate any fears.
- Build your confidence.
- Become experts in relaxation.
- Ensure that you are always the ones in control of your baby’s birth (whatever turn their birthing takes).
We aim to leave you feeling excited, empowered and confident that you have the skills to remain calm, relaxed and in control throughout your labour and birth.
The Hypnobirthing course runs for four weeks, with each session lasting 2 1/2-3 hours. The optimum time to begin a course is around 25 weeks’ pregnant, but we can cater for couples right up until the final weeks of pregnancy, offering an intensive weekend workshop for those approaching the final stages and only just considering Hypnobirthing.For those in the early stages of pregnancy, we advise looking into Hypnobirthing early as courses can get booked up quickly.
Prices and Payment
The cost of the group Hypnobirthing course is £250. This includes:
- 10.5 hours of teaching of the Wise Hippo Birthing programme spread over four weekly sessions.
- One face to face session post birth debrief if required.
- The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme workbook.5 x mp3s to support your practice at home.
- Ongoing Telephone/Email Support.
- Assistance with birth-plan preparation.
- Access to our online community and private Facebook group, offering support, advice and videos to help you stay in the zone and connected to your baby and your body.
Bespoke private courses are available upon request. Please get in touch for more details and we will do our best to accommodate you.
To enquire about our Wise Hippo Birthing Programme or to book a taster session, please contact us or call Catherine direct on 07904955471.